Book Your Rental at Brisbane Airport
Make planning your self-drive holiday from Brisbane airport simple with our easy-to-use booking website. Rather than spending hours on the internet or phone getting quotes to compare, just enter your requirements into our Airport Car Hire search engine and multiple options will be at your fingertips. Our global network allows us to offer you a huge range of vehicles, from the big international brands like Europcar, Budget and Thrifty, to smaller local and national businesses, including Andy s Auto Rental and East Coast Car Rentals. You can also rent a campervan through Motorhome Rental Australia which will give you the flexibility, freedom and the chance to explore at your own pace.
Brisbane is a place for fun in the sun. It s a bold and vibrant city located between the theme parks and bustling beaches of the Gold Coast and the idyllic, deserted coastlines of Northern Queensland. Flying in, you will immediately feel the holiday vibes and the last thing you want is stress regarding a car rental.
Why Choose Us?
Our sites are simple and convenient, but that is not the only reason to trust us with your booking:
- Our lowest price promise means we are committed to having the best deals and we will match any better price quoted by another website.
- We have a team of knowledgeable customer service representatives to help you with any questions about the booking process. We have freephone numbers in 20 countries.
- Your search results will tell you straight away whether the depot is in-airport or has a shuttle, the required gas level for returning the vehicle, the review rating, the vehicle age and the features of the rental agreement. Free amendments, free additional driver, unlimited mileage.
- You can filter results by pick-up method, class, fleet, transmission, passenger numbers and availability to narrow your search even more.
- Book a Brisbane rental car straight from your phone! Our Airport Car Rental app makes it easy to plan your travels on the go.
Get out and About: Events in Brisbane
Once your rental vehicle is booked, it s time to explore Brisbane and all that the region has to offer. The Gold Coast is only an hour away, beaches line the coasts in both directions, and if you head inland you will soon be in the mighty Outback.
Getting around Brisbane, a city with so much to offer
Being located on the Brisbane River presents a unique layout for a newcomer to the city in a car rental. A hilly region, it s difficult to keep your eyes on the road with such a picturesque CBD. Once you collect your car hire from Brisbane Airport, it s only 14.3km (8.8 miles) to the central city, heading south-west. Your journey is incredibly straightforward; just jump on the M7 and follow that for around 6km (five minutes) to the M3, which takes you straight into the heartbeat of Brisbane. You will pass the likes of Wooloowin, Lutwyche, Bowen Hills, Paddington and the world-famous sports arena Suncorp Stadium. Clear signage ensures a relatively pain-free passage.
The main roads in and around Brisbane are the M1 , M2 , M3 , M4 and M5 , with various freeways and nine road bridges in total so take your time. Brisbane traffic conditions are typical of any major city, although it is quite vulnerable to flooding. Be vigilant and check the weather forecast before you land and ask your rental consultant for more information.
- AirportlinkM7:Operated by BrisConnections, you will hit this this toll road within around 10 minutes of leaving Brisbane Airport in your rental. A car will cost $4.50 (US$3.72) between Bowen Hills and Kedron. Between Bowen Hills and Toombul it s $4.98 and $3.82 between Kedron and Toombul. A day pass for all routes is $14.68 (US$12.13).
- Clem Jones Tunnel (CLEM7): Operated by Queensland Motorways, this travels under the Brisbane River between Bowen Hills to the north, near the tip of the M7, all the way down to Woolloongabba in the south. The CLEM7 is a direct route for the likes of Chermside Shopping Centre and the RNA Exhibition grounds. The electronic tolling system currently costs $4.78 for your rental car, then varies for shorter journeys. Again, check with the rental provider it will help if you have a rough idea of where you re travelling.
- Gateway Motorway and Bridges: Located on the eastern side of the city, the Gateway Motorway travels via Gateway Bridges, also taking in Sir Leo Hielscher Bridges. It s the perfect route between the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, so is very popular. Running from Nudgee to the Pacific Motorway interchange at Eight Mile Planes and on to the Logan Motorway Extension, there are two toll points: Murarrie between Exits 105 and 103 (Sir Leo Hielscher Bridges) and later Kuraby. The toll tarrif for a car at Murarrie is $4.25, at Kuraby $2.51.
- Logan Motorway: There are three toll spots on Logan. Heathwood will cost you $2.65, Loganlea $1.61 and Paradise Road $2.65.
- Go Between Bridge: Four lanes wide, this route over the Brisbane River will take you to the South Bank, Gallery of Modern Art and Suncorp Stadium. Connecting Merivale and Cordelia Streets to Hale St and the Inner City Bypass, it s fully electronic so you will not see any toll booths but that doesn t mean you re not being charged. Your rental car will be charged a toll of $2.98.
Handing over the cash
CITY GUIDE TIP: www.queenslandtollroads.com.au is a fantastic site, where all your questions can be answered.
Parking at the airport, the options
Multi-Storey with Secure Parking
Tips and things to remember on Brisbane parking
- Do not gamble on getting a fine. Starting at $85 and moving to three figures depending on the infringement, it s a cost you should desperately avoid. Check for meters wherever you park, and even if one isn t working, go and find another one that does.
- Secure Parking and Wilson offer various special deals, especially on weekends and evenings. If you have a clear picture of your Brisbane car rental itinerary, get online and save some cash. Secure also operate specials with Queen Plaza.
- If you re shopping, there are discounts for parking just keep your receipts.
- Cornerstone Parking on Browning St, West End, have a fantastic Early Bird deal of $14 if you enter before 8am and leave after 2pm. Cornerstone on Ann St (right in the CBD) offer a $22 Early Bird package.
How much does fuel cost in Brisbane?
Closest petrol stations to Brisbane Airport
If you are coming in from the M1 Northern Gateway, there are two more options:
- Coles Express, 1097 Nudgee Rd, Banyo
- Freedom Fuels, Cnr Nudgee and Tufnell Rds, Nudgee